Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Words.words.words.

Words are a wonderful thing. They can do practically anything: emit emotion, connect people, fill spaces, and much more. It amazes me how we reuse the same words, sentences, and phrases over and over, yet the impact and meaning of them never diminish. Without words, emotion would not exist. I take that back; emotion would exist, it just wouldn't be expressed.

Pablo Neruda, a famous Chilean poet, once said:

“The books that help you most are those which make you think that most. The hardest way of learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty.”

To me, that sums up the power that words can have over a person. How infectious they are with emotion. If I did not write, my life would be empty. All of these thoughts would soon become a part of forgotten memories; lost forever. This is why I write. Not because I want to create something profound, but because I want to connect to others. I want my words to invade your body and touch your heart and soul. I want to inspire your own writing voice. I promise that if you spread my voice and my writing, and help me achieve my dream, I will do anything to help you with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment