Saturday, November 26, 2011

Consumed.

I've been consumed, enveloped really, by God. I've handed my being to Him. My heart and my soul is in His arms now, and I trust Him to love me and guide me through the rest of my life. I've long understood that this world is not perfect, but what I realize now is that it's not meant to be perfect. For if it was, we wouldn't need a God to pray to, or a God to look to for guidance. He is perfect, and we must not question what He does, for it is for a reason. I've been so angry in the past, filled with such disbelief that something so great could exist above me. Filled with such hate, I kept spiraling down into a dark, unforgiving place. Then I found salvation. Through people like Macy Maloy, Cameron Mitchell, and my wonderful Aunt, God was reintroduced into my life. I became curious of what He had to offer, and I started reading and praying. (Please excuse the tangent I'm about to go on.)
Shortly after that, my Great Uncle became seriously ill and worry began to overtake me. He was a man of anger, bitterness, and alcohol; I was afraid that he would not be able to find peace with God and walk in heaven after he passed on. So I prayed for him every night until his passing. And the day after he died, I had the most wonderful dream. We were attending the funeral and I was the last to enter the church. Everyone else was seated. As I was walking in, I saw my Uncle, dressed in white, smiling and standing tall. He was no longer crippled with sickness and pain, he looked at peace. He smiled at me as he walked down the isle of the church, touching the shoulder of his wife and brother as the light in the room grew brighter and he eventually dissipated into the warm, beautiful light.
That dream to me was solidification that a God does exist. God reached out to me that night, reassuring my fears; answering my prayers. I do believe that he hears our prayers, and that he will love and guide anyone willing to love and follow him. I pray every night now. I attend church. I listen to what others have to teach me about Him, and I try to teach others what I know. If anything, remember this: "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." Everyone goes through a time in their life where things aren't going well, where you feel like everything is falling apart and all is hopeless. When it gets like that, look to God. God will guide you in the direction of happiness if you just have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment