Thursday, July 5, 2012

First look,

So I've never posted one of my original poems on here, so I thought. Why the heck not! Well here it goes, tell me what you think!

First Look

The earth spins, but sometimes your own world stops.
One breath takes years,
One step, a lifetime.

A pulse starts strong in your chest.
Moves through your veins, piercing the soul.
Another step, another lifetime.

A lurking destination;
temptation to run, instinct to flee.
Then that severed soul awakens,
clawing to the surface of the skin.

It begs for liberation,
It cries for the deepest of desires.
It screams for you.

It craves your touch, your kiss,
the absolute rawest emotions of your being.

But once again the soul is silenced.
Pushed under layers and layers of
self destruction and bitter anger.

One day that world will stop again.
And that soul will be fulfilled.
Until that day it remains caged.
Protected from the truth of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment